Monday, October 29, 2012

Chalet Bar-B-Q, Montreal, Quebec

I had a great birthday on October 27th, and I wanted to thank you all once again for your kind wishes on comments on my posts!  My friend, whose name is also Linda, and I went and had a wonderful dinner at Chalet Bar-B-Q.  
The photos I am sharing in this post are not ones that I took that day, but in January 2011, on another occasion that I went to this fabulous restaurant!

I have seen many food blogs and I really don't expect my post here to compete with any of them!  They are so well done and amazing.  However, this is a place that I just love so much and just wanted to share it with you all.  This restaurant has been at the same location since its inception....it first opened its doors in 1944, and has been a favourite of many over the decades, including myself!  There is only one location and it does extremely well!

It was very busy when Linda and I went a couple of days ago, and there was a lineup of about 12 or so people outside waiting for their turn to get seats.  If you ever get a chance to visit this restaurant if you are in the Montreal area, you will not be disappointed, I can assure you.  The food is amazing at great prices, it is clean, the service is fabulous and the atmosphere is warm and friendly.  You could drive by this place in your car and just see the sign but have no idea how wonderful it really is until you go in and have a meal there.  

I got my first taste of Chalet Bar-B-Q's food when I was just 4 years old in early 1961.  I have been hooked ever since.  They have, in my opinion, THE best barbecue chicken anywhere.  It is tender, succulent and moist...yet well cooked.  The french fries are nothing like McDonald's.  These are real homemade potatoes and they are cooked to a lovely deep brown...yet they are not greasy.  The coleslaw is awesome, just a hint of vinegar and not too strong. You can opt for a baked potato instead of french fries, and it is a generous portion served with butter and sour cream. The portions are not skimpy and I highly recommend this restaurant!  Their slogan is "Ask anyone who knows."  Believe me, I know, and it is the best place for chicken in Montreal!

Here are the photos I took of this restaurant in January 2011.
This first photo is on the wall outside of the restaurant.  It was a quiet time when I took the photos...but I can assure you that this restaurant has very little "quiet time".  There is a good reason why it is still there since 1944!





Thank you all so much for visiting me here.  I really hope that you all enjoyed my Chalet Bar-B-Q restaurant review.  It is the first review I have ever done and may be the last.  LOL!  :)

I really appreciate and enjoy reading your thoughts, which you can always share by clicking on the 'comments' link at the end of my post.

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:25 AM

    Thank you Linda, It is a wonderful place and a wonderful review! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased that I can visit your blog. I am greeting

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks quaint and the food makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good and simple..no wonder it's still going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear that you had such a wonderful time. Belated birthday greetings - sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a nice place

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eat - Drink - and be merry - ny friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like the place has great homey atmosphere and charm. The food looks wonderful but I would forgo the coleslaw. I was forced to eat it when I was a kid and it made me very sick. I have never eaten coleslaw since!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am pleased that you had a pleasant time of this time of your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The two of you enjoyed, Linda, and that is wonderful !
    Lie(f)s.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like you've had a great bithday!

    fantastic shots! i love all of them

    wish you a great week ahead~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you enjoyed the birthday with your friend at Bar-B-Q! Wonderful photos and the restaurant seems renowned for Chicken. I like french fries :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You certainly need not apologize - your photos are wonderful and portray this place in a great light. It's a lot of fun to find a really good restaurant that is consistently good. But now I'm really hungry, so I'd better get Lois cooking! :-)

    It's always nice to celebrate a birthday with a good friend or friends!

    Linda, thank you for your many comments. You are always so kind and you are much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a nice diner to visit! I really like the rooster decorations. They remind me of the decorations at the Red Rooster Diner in Iowa Falls. It sounds like the Chalet BBQ does a great job on the food!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great review Linda and sounds and looks like my kind of place. That meal looks scrumptious! Fun to have a blogging friend who also takes pictures of food ;) Love the mosaic outside too. Thank you for sharing the link with me. I had another thoroughly enjoyable visit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So tomorrow is your birthday. Way cool. I love a good BBQ too. This looks like a might fine feast for a birthday.

    Have a fabulous day Linda. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I went there when I was on a tour years ago. I lived in California at the time. The tour guide took a group to Eastern Canada every year and she always wanted barbecue in Montreal - which surprised me. I expected something French. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!