Thursday, May 10, 2012

Vintage Technology

I am not sure about any of you, my fellow bloggers out there...if you are also experiencing any technical difficulties on your dashboard or not, but I have been for the last couple of hours.  I seem able to post...and hope that this post will work, but as far as the statistics go such as number of followers, posts, comments, etc...nothing is appearing on my dashboard.  I hope it isn't just myself who is experiencing this.  Since I have only been using blogger for a couple of months I haven't had any technical difficulties...that is until today.


I thought it would be neat to make a post on vintage technology.  It never ceases to amaze me how far we have come in the last few decades as far as technology goes.  I must admit, though, I do miss some of the old things.  I find the vending machines today are more complicated than they were many years ago.  I actually had to ask a security guard a couple of weeks ago how one of the vending machines worked, as I hadn't used one in oh, so long, and this one is one of those where you have to punch in the number of your desired item to find out the price before you put your money in the coin slot.  


The first photo I am sharing is of a vintage stamp vending machine in the U.S.  I really don't remember seeing these machines here in Canada as a child (this is a 1960's photo).  I find it kind of neat that it says on the machine that the stamps are in sanitary folders.

The next photo I am sharing is of an Underwood "noiseless" typewriter!  For those of you who, like myself, grew up in the typewriter era, you will know that typewriters were anything BUT noiseless.  LOL!  In fact, they were quite noisy.  I really don't remember this particular model, although I am indeed familiar with the Underwood brand.

This next photo is of a vintage Hamilton Beach milkshake mixer.  When I saw this photo, it brought me back to the old F.W. Woolworth stores where they made some of the best milkshakes.  Those were the days!

This next photo of a vintage scale brings me back to the old delicatessens of days gone by.  The smoked meat was carved in front of you, and you could choose either lean or not...I loved the lean!  It also brings back fond memories for me of the good old grocery store and how good the customer service was back then.

Thank you all so much for visiting me here, I really appreciate it!  I look forward to hearing your memories and thoughts!  Please click on the "comments" link to share.

7 comments:

  1. Belle publication.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you've gone two months on Blogger without any problems, Someone has been smiling on you! Two WEEKS is about MY limit! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You find the coolest things to post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure can find them, they are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all have trouble from time to time with blogging issues. Hope it gets better. I love your vintage collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great things youve found! It's not just you and not just Blogger. All computer applications have ups and downs. It's unrealistic to expect no problems with so many users, servers, and the internet is always coming and going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i remember all these items..but not the prices on that stamp machine..def cheaper then my time..but we had machines like this all over..now everything is digital. I love the old cold cut slicer.. and just the mention of woolworths brings a smile to my face! technology has come so far... but only as good as the programmers are.. ;) i found it easy to enter the computer age when we got our first computer at work in 93 thanx to my three years of typing in high school! i miss my old typewriter at times!

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be shy! I appreciate your kind comments, they are sweet treasures and really make my day! Spammers, do not waste your time, I delete your comments and they do not even show on my blog. Comment moderation is enabled. I do hope that Blogger's changes in the way of proving that you are not a robot do not deter you from commenting! Thank you so much! If you have Google+ and are only allowing Google+ users to comment on your blog, I do not have, nor do I want it. And if you use DISQUS for accepting comments on your blog I don't have that, either, nor do I want it. Thanks!